This past year I set a goal of reading 40 books. I finished 39, and I am working on my 40th book. I really enjoyed the challenge, but this year I want to do something a little different.
Most of us have a specific genre we enjoy reading and stick to those books only. As we begin a new year I want to challenge you (and me) to do something a little different. This year I want us to push to read different books: Non-fiction, graphic novels, fiction, and classics .
This years challenge:
- A book becoming a movie in 2019
- A graphic novel
- A Newbery Award Winner.
- A book recommended by a friend
- A novel based upon a true story
- A book by an author of a different ethnicity than you.
- A book about a person with a superpower.
- A book from the 2018/19 Battle of the Book list.
- A book written before you were born.
- A book about a topic that you find interesting
- An author who uses initials
- A book by two authors
- A book by an author from or lives in North Carolina.
- A book made into a movie that you have already seen.
- The next book in series you have read.
- A classic
Keep up with your books as you read. If you complete the challenge you will win a prize from the media center.