RMSMC

Rocky Mountain Student Media Hosts CSU Student Film Showcase

Share This Post

DOWNLOAD THE PRESS RELEASE HERE

FORT COLLINS — Rocky Mountain Student Media Corporation will present the CSU Student Documentary Film Showcase from 6-8 p.m. Dec. 2 at The Lyric Cinema, 1209 N College Ave. in Fort Collins. The free event features eight films produced by Colorado State University students.  

The event will also serve as an introduction to Tree Stump Films, the new student-led documentary film department within Rocky Mountain Student Media. The department provides students with an opportunity to work with a group of experienced filmmakers and an adviser to make documentary films.  

Coming from Tree Stump Films, CSU’s Journalism and Mass Communication Department, and independently submitted student work, the following films will be shown (listed with the lead director):

• Becoming Kaz Smith (Owen Johnson) 
  • DIY: Fort Collins (Mary Grace Sheetz, Irl Paulalengan) 
  • Sticky Notes (Zeya Highley) 
  • Lasting Embers (Eric Forbes) 
  • Numb (Anna Tomka) 
  • What’s The Situation (Zach Fountain) 
  • Reclamation (Anna von Pechmann) 
  • A Complex Life (Max Straub) 

Doors open at 5:30 p.m. for networking, followed by the presentation of the documentaries starting at 6 p.m. A meet-and-greet with the filmmakers will follow. Food and drink will be available for purchase. Page Break 

About Tree Stump Films 

Tree Stump Films is the documentary film department within Rocky Mountain Student Media. Launched in the fall of 2020, Tree Stump Film’s mission is to provide students with real world experience in the planning, production and broadcast of documentary film. It aims to replicate the workings of a professional documentary film company.  

About Rocky Mountain Student Media 

Rocky Mountain Student Media Corporation is a not-for-profit company that employs students to produce media for the Colorado State University and Fort Collins communities. Located on the CSU campus, RMSMC employs nearly 300 students annually to produce independent student media each school year on a variety of platforms, including The Rocky Mountain Collegian and Collegian.com, KCSU-FM radio, Collegian Television (CTV) and CSU TV11, College Avenue Magazine, Tree Stump Films and Student Video Productions. Learn more about us at RockyMountainStudentMedia.com. 

More To Explore

Subscribe to The Stump